Since it is Bengali New Year today, here’s an exotic Bengali delicacy, ‘PAYESH’ for all those with a sweet tooth. Easy to prepare and yummy in taste.
Try preparing it today.
- 250 gms rice
- 2 litres milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 200 gms soft jiggery
- 2 tsp chopped almonds
- 2 tsp chopped pistachios
- 6 strands of kesar
- Wash 250 gms rice and leave it for drying.
- Boil the milk for about 15 minutes.
- Add rice in it and cook till it becomes thick.
- Add cardamom powder, kesar and nutmeg powder.
- Add jaggery and stir till jaggery melts.
- Remove from fire.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.