1. Wash hair sparingly with a good-quality shampoo.
Choose a shampoo that suits your hair type.
- For Curly or coarse hair use frizz-minimizing and softening shampoo.
- For Straight or oily hair use a gentle shampoo designed for daily washing.
- For Colored or treated hair use a shampoo that’s fortified with extracts or amino acids, because treating your hair is essentially damaging it.
- For Dry hair use shampoos with glycerin and collagen to help restore some moisture into the hair.
2. Use conditioner depending on your hair type, length, and treatment damage.
Deep condition once a week. Use a store-bought product and buy what suits you hair.
- Be careful about using products with too much protein. Too much protein can leave your hair feeling desiccated and brittle. While protein is the building block of healthy hair, use conditioners that come with balanced ingredients.
- Frizz-control serum can be used in small quantities.
3. Don’t brush your hair too much.
- Use a wide tooth comb to brush out tangles in wet hair. Excessive brushing can lead to hair fall and can do damage to the hair causing split ends.
- Avoid using a blow-drier because healthy hair does not respond well to heat, let the hair dry naturally. Also give your hair a break from the styling products and electronic stuff like straightener, curling iron etc. Keep the usage to a minimum
4. Trim your hair regularly.
The best way to get rid of split-ends and keeping your hair healthy is to trim your hair regularly, and you can do this yourself using a sharp hair spears. Cut the split ends from 1/4th inch above the splitting. Make it priority to trim once in every 6-8 weeks.
5. Eat healthy and give your hair the right amount of vitamins.
- Since a healthy hair needs proteins, make sure that you eat a balanced diet rich in lean protein, whole grains, fruits and vegetables. A healthy diet will ensure better-looking, better-feeling hair.
- Make sure you get plenty of vitamin C (strengthens hair), iron (helps transport oxygen to blood vessels), zinc (grows and repairs tissue), and omega-3 fatty acids (grows healthy hair).
6. Remove stress from your life.
Stress can cause hair loss so try to be as unstressed as possible. Meditation is a great way of relieving stress and it will show on your hair making it strong and beautiful looking.